Allen's Birthday is today. We had a cake for him on Saturday that the girls helped decorate, you may notice that they have inherited their mothers wonderful eye for cake decorating, (note the tone of sarcasm in my literary voice {sarcasm for their mothers talent not theirs}). They are no small fans of Spongebob, as you can see, so they decorated his cake with it. (There is, I know, at least one person rolling their eyes at the mention of Spongebob. All I have to say to that person is anime really, there should be no judgement there. tee hee. jk) We are however big fans of Spongebob. You, I guess I should say we, just can't help loving a walking, talking yellow sponge bursting to the seams with optimism. As you can see there are about a million candles on the cake, Allen is really old. When we lit them we tilted them inward and had a kind of bonfire on top of the cake. Anyway, we also got to go to Allens favorite restaurant "Outback" for dinner. That was fun. I am a really bad wife though because I didn't even get him anything. Or maybe I did and I am going to suprise myself and give it to him later. Yeah, that's what I did. Yup, yup, yup, I am so thoughtful, I wonder what I got him.
Ps. No I didn't make the cake, the kids just had fun decorating it.

4 comments:
I love the Spongebob cake. I am NOT rolling my eyes, I hope you weren't referring to me!! A Spongebob cake is really all the present a man needs, right?:)
That's funny, I think I am going to find out all the different people who hate spongebob frm this post.
I thought for sure that was a "Nothing Bunt Cake" Looks super yummy! In my house the smoke alarms would have been blaring...Also, thanks your family for their services during conf!
That cake rOcks!
Post a Comment